Also known as cosmetic acupuncture or acupuncture facelift, facial rejuvenation acupuncture is a branch of traditional acupuncture which slows down the signs of aging and improves your skin. There is no need for surgical procedures and Botox injections when you have this natural and safe therapy by your side. During your treatment, your acupuncturist will also treat any other health concerns that you might have. According to experts all these issues are linked to the health of your skin and once they are cured it shows on your face, literally.
What does facial rejuvenation acupuncture do?
- It increases blood circulation in your skin which otherwise with age tends to get a little sluggish which results in better skin tone.
- It brings nutrients like collagen and elastin to the surface of your skin of your face and neck.
- It reduces fine lines, and even proves beneficial for baggy eyes.
- It helps unblock energy flow in the body. Energy or qi flows throughout our body along specific meridian lines and by releasing areas of congestion your acupuncturist will work to promote better health and balance.By working the meridians your acupuncturist will stimulate your body’s healing capacity.
- The procedure effectively activates your nerves with the help of fine needle which send signals to your brain and enable it to restore body balance.
- It is also very effective in treating many skin related issues such as acne, eczema, and rosacea.
- When done right, acupuncture also increases the release of endorphins in our body which make us feel good keeping us well rested and happy after the treatment.
How acupuncture works wonders for anti-aging
- You get enhanced collagen production which results in skin tightening.
- Acupuncture stimulates collagen production in your skin according to numerous studies and this makes you look younger and fresher.
- It reshapes your expression lines, which are a result of muscular breakdown over time. This may be due to laughing and/or frowning. Instead of Botox which freezes your facial muscles to flatten out most of the creases formed on your face, Acupuncture relaxes them and retrains their pattern to get rid of those fine lines naturally.
Is it safe:
- It is absolutely safe and has no side effects whatsoever other than minor occasional bruising due to fine needles which heals in 2 or 3 days
- There is no risk of scarring, lumps in your skin or botched procedures