Chinese Medicine is an integral and complimentary modality to support fertility. Whether you hope to conceive naturally, or if you plan to purse IUI/IVF, acupuncture, herbs, diet and lifestyle can all significantly benefit and promote your path to parenthood.
The belief in Chinese Medicine is that the body needs to be in balance. Achieving and maintaining balance is essential for conception and to carry the baby to full term. We work together to create and implement a plan that individually supports how you want to approach this journey, addressing both the physical and emotional, the conventional and the alternative.
How Chinese Medicine Can Support Fertility
- Regulate ovulation and menstrual cycles
- Stimulate growth of healthy uterine lining
- Balance hormonal levels
- IUI and IVF enhancement
- Modulate side effects of Western fertility medicine
- Improve sperm count, morphology, motility
- Reduce post-surgical recovery
Some Conditions that Fertility Acupuncture Can Address and Support
- Unexplained Infertility
- Hormone Imbalances
- Assistance with IUI and/or IVF
- Uterine Fibroids
- Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome
- Premature Ovarian Failure
- Diminished Ovarian Reserve
- Recurrent Miscarriage
- Egg Quality Issues
- Luteal Phase Defect
- Autoimmune Conditions
- Advance Maternal Age
- Male Fertility Factor
- Acupuncture and Good Prognosis IVF Patients: Synergy P. C. Magarelli, D. K. Cridennda, M. Cohen. Reproductive Medicine & Fertility Center, Colorado Springs, CO; East Winds Acupuncture, Inc., Colorado Springs, CO.
- Acupuncture in IVF Linked to Lower Miscarriage and Ectopic Rates OB/Gyn News, Copyright © 2005 by International Medical News Group, an Elsevier company.
- Acupuncture Treatment For Infertile Women Undergoing Intracytoplasmic Sperm injection Sandra L. Emmons, MD, Phillip Patton, MD
- Influence of acupuncture on the pregnancy rate in patients who undergo assisted reproduction therapy. Paulus W et al, Fertil Steril 2002 Vol 77, pg 721-724 Fertility and Sterility
- Acupuncture with in vitro fertilisation. BMJ 2008; 336 doi: 10.1136/ bmj.39503.643727.80 (Published 6 March 2008)
- Acupuncture on the day of embryo transfer significantly improves the reproductive outcome in infertile women: a prospective, randomized trial - Lars G. Westergaard, M.D., Ph.D., Qunhui Mao, M.D., Marianne Krogslund, Steen Sandrini, Suzan Lenz, M.D., Ph.D., Jørgen Grinsted, M.D., Ph.D.