The Activator instrument is a hand held, spring loaded device, used by the Chiropractor to deliver a constant, low force, rapid impulse into the spine. It is very gentle, and many patients prefer this to manual adjustments. There have been numerous scientific studies investigating the effectiveness of the Activator Instrument and the Activator Method that is use to determine the location of the adjustments. Here at Pure Healthcare Albany, Chiropractors and patients alike find that they get great results using this technique.
At Pure Healthcare in Albany, Chiropractors use the latest in professional treatment tables. These specialist tables use a mechanism developed by Dr. Clay Thompson. These tables are displayed at the Smithsonian Institute in America as an exceptional innovation in Chiropractic science. The tables have a mechanism that allows the table to have a shallow drop motion. This allows the Chiropractor to create the precise joint motion required, without twisting and stretching the spine and muscles to the extreme. Many patients find this very comfortable and effective.
Following a thorough assessment of the spinal or extremity joints to identify precisely where there is altered motion or position, a specific manual impulse of pressure is applied to free up the joint motion and restore normal function. With this type of adjustment the patient may feel and hear the joint move as the pressure within the joint is released with the adjustment. These adjustments are a commonly use method for restoring motion and function to the spine to relieve pain and reduce nerve interference.
Soft Tissue Techniques
The bones are attached to the muscles and tendons in the body. Therefore, the Chiropractors at Pure Healthcare in Albany, may supplement the Chiropractic adjustments with a brief session of soft tissue therapy. This may be massage
, myofascial trigger point therapy, or passive stretching. If more involved soft tissue therapy is required, you may be referred to one of our other massage therapist
for soft tissue therapy.
FAKTR soft tissue treatment
- FAKTR (pronounced factor) is a treatment technique that I frequently use with patients to get them better – faster. It stands for Functional And Kinetic Treatment with Rehabilitation.
- FAKTR is an advanced clinical protocol that embraces the latest research in soft tissue treatment, and combines this with common rehabilitation exercises to treat painful musculoskeletal injuries. It helps to speed up recovery from acute, and/or chronic musculoskeletal conditions.
How does it Work?
- FAKTR utilizes a specialised therapeutic instrument to assist the practitioner with soft tissue mobilization. I combine this with Chiropractic adjustments to the joints, therapeutic massage, and exercise, to reduce pain and restore function.
- It starts by having that patient reproduce the painful/restricted or tight position. Then they move the injured area while the treatment is done. This releases and heals restricted muscle and tendon tissue so that the patient can return to the activities they love doing -pain free! So, whether it is golf, surfing, gardening etc… this technique will get you back into action quickly and effectively.
Are you a candidate for FAKTR?
- FAKTR is suitable for patients of any age, activity level and body type. FAKTR is a great way of treating acute and chronic injuries in athletes, and non-athletes, for musculoskeletal conditions, with great results. FAKTR can be an effective treatment for anyone suffering a musculoskeletal injury from a work-related accident, motor vehicle accident, sports injury or even post surgical work.