The Chiropractors at Pure Healthcare in Albany NZ, are reaching out to our community to help in the fight against “the flu” and other health challenges that result from a compromised immune system. We know that your immune system can tackle and defeat most viral invaders with relative ease, given that it is not otherwise challenged by a compromised nervous system. Every aspect of your physiology is controlled by your brain and nervous system. When it is compromised, you immune system can also be compromised, leaving you susceptible to becoming ill from a viral infection.
Our immune system protects us from all sorts of bugs and strives to get us well again. Like every other system in our body, the immune system is coordinated by our brain and nervous system. During an immune response, our brain and immune system ‘talk to each other’ to maintain the correct balance in our body. If this communication is interfered with, the illness presents and prevails.
Chiropractic treatment helps to clear up interference in our nervous system, and focuses on making our brain and nervous system coordinate all our other bodily systems. Therefore the nervous and immune systems can work intimately together to keep our bodies resilient and healthy. Chiropractic care has been shown to boost the coordinated responses of the nervous system and immune system therefore repelling many invaders.
In various studies scientific studies, (see references below) there have been findings that chiropractic care can offer a safe and effectiv alternative to drug therapies for helping the body to heal.
The studies demonstrate the evidence that spinal adjustments may influence the immune system's response to various stimuli, and reinforce that chiropractic care can reduce symptoms, and may improve the function of the immune system. While more research is needed, we can see from the existing research, that regular chiropractic care is a safe and effective choice when it comes to supporting your immune system.
Chiropractic care may optimize your innate abilities to fully resist dis - ease. For many years, chiropractors have helped their patients get better, faster, from common conditions, or avoid getting them in the first place. Quicker recovery from, less frequent episodes of, and/or less severity of colds, flus, and other respiratory conditions will keep you at work and play. Speak to one of our chiropractors at Pure Healthcare in Albany about this topic to get more information.
- Allen JM, “Chiropractic Journal of Australia.”(Volume 23, Number 4, December 1993) – “The Effects of Chiropractic on the Immune System.” Chiropr J Aust 1993 23;123;5.
- Blanks R, Schuster TL, Dobson M, “Journal for Vertebral Subluxation Research” 1997
- Brennan PC, et al. “Enhanced phagocytic cell respiratory burst induced by spinal manipulation: potential role of substance” P. JMPT, 1991;14:399-408.
- Brennan PC, et al. J Manipulative Physiol Ther. 1991.
- Dymanic Chiropractor “Immune Response to Spinal Manipulation.” – Author, Malik Slosberg, DS, MS
- Neil J. “Manipulative therapy and immune response: A literature review of the chiropractic and osteopathic evidence.” Clinical Chiropractic 2012; 15(3): 186.
- Teodorczyk-Injeyan JA, et al. “SMT reduces inflammatory cytokines but not substance P production in normal subjects.”JMPT,2006;29:14-21.