written by Linsey Liang
A 13 year old boy came to see Dr. Cherye for Chiropractic care as he had neck pain from having been stung by a bee on his head. The whole side of his face and neck felt swollen and painful. It was clearly not life threatening, but he was uncomfortable. This was a first for Dr. Cherye, so – as we have a doctor of Chinese medicine in the clinic- she ask Dr. Linsey Liang if there was anything she could to help. Dr. Liang said, “of course – Acupuncture works will for bee stings”.
A few minutes later, the boy was on the treatment table, the needles were in, and he was ASLEEP! 30 minutes of Acupuncture relieved the pain and reduced the swelling. He had a sound sleep and was “back to his rambunctious self the next day” – according to his mom.We were all impressed how quickly this boy responded to having acupuncture for his injury.
So, here is what you will want to know about how this works:
- Acupuncture is one of the safest and fastest ways to clean out poison from the body
- Acupuncture is one of the quickest ways to help calm the tension/stress of the mind
- Acupuncture is one of the best ways to achieve pain relief
Acupuncture heals injuries through promoting energy flow to clear any blocks to healing, to clear stagnant energy, to remove stress, and to balance the shock of injury.
Acupuncture can help you to:
- Detox – within our daily life it can be very difficult to stay away from all sorts of toxins. My recommendation is to detox the body once a month through acupuncture to help clear the toxins out of your system
- Relieve Stress – Life is not very easy. Acupuncture is always helpful to support you through the serious times.
- Reduce Pain – to cope with can take a lot of energy and stress you both physically and emotionally.
- Balance Your Hormones – From embryo to baby to teenager to adults to parents to grandparents, hormones are a life clock. Acupuncture will help you to recharge and maintain good natural hormonal levels.