The results indicated:
- 12 % lower total health care costs – not just musculoskeletal, but all health conditions:
- markedly reduced the cost of treating back pain; a significant decrease in costs related
- to CTs / MRIs, back surgeries, in-patient hospital stays, and X-ray use.
In a study entitled “Recommendations for management of uncomplicated back pain in the workers’ compensation system: a focus on functional restoration”, the findings indicated that recurrences and chronicity of back pain are key contributors to employer and insurer costs (2). Conservative care, inclucing chiropractic care, ergonomic recommendations, and exercise rehabilitation, is noted as a reasonable method of cost containment and to help employees to heal faster and avoid flare-ups.
At Pure Healthcare in Albany, our primary service is Wholistic Chiropractic, with an emphasis on non-surgical and non-pharmaceutical treatment of injuries and illnesses. Our intention is to identify the underlying source of pain or dysfunction and treat the symptoms PLUS the cause!
relieve your pain.
prevent the problem from returning by restoring optimal function.
take you to the next level by focusing on enhancing your health and performance. We do this by bringing the body into balance in three fundamental ways;
A) Biomechanically through Chiropractic adjustments for the spine and extremities, to optimize the function of the nervous system,
B) by incorporating rehabilitative exercise, and
C) biochemically through advice regarding nutrition and supplements. So, for a Chiropractic PLUS experience, call today 09-414-2225.
(1) Arch Intern Med / Vol 164, Oct 11, 2004 WWW.ARCHINTERNMED.COM
(2) J Chiropr Med 2004;3:129–137