Acupuncture for Fertility and Pregnancy
Chinese Medicine is an integral and complimentary modality to support fertility. Whether you hope to conceive naturally, or if you plan to purse IUI/IVF, acupuncture, herbs, diet and lifestyle can all significantly benefit and promote your path to parenthood.
The belief in Chinese Medicine is that the body needs to be in balance. Achieving and maintaining balance is essential for conception and to carry the baby to full term. We work together to create and implement a plan that individually supports how you want to approach this journey, addressing both the physical and emotional, the conventional and the alternative.
Pure Healthcare is hosting a fertility seminar on May 14th, discussing how acupuncture, natural remedies, and traditional Chinese medicine can support conception and a health pregnancy. Click here to register to attend our free Q&A session.
Acupuncture & Herbs to Support Your Fertility Needs
Women are born with approximately 2 million eggs. Each month, at the beginning of your menstrual cycle, your body produces hormones (FSH and estradiol) that promote follicles to mature. Ovulation occurs when the mature follicle exits the ovaries and travels down the fallopian tubes to the uterus. Using an ovulation predictor kit (OPK) identifies this window of time when you ovulate by detecting a lutenizing hormone surge (LH surge). This surge occurs within a succinct time period before ovulation and marks the ideal timing for intercourse. Conception occurs when sperm and egg connect in the uterus. Progesterone levels elevate in the body to thicken the lining of the uterus and prepare for implantation. Two weeks after conception, there is a detectable amount of HSG in your blood stream and you test positive for being pregnant. And each day for the next 40 weeks-or-so your body is optimally supporting baby’s development and your own health.
There are multiple variables in this process, which all need to coincide and work in harmony for this to be successful. This is what makes the act of conception so miraculous. For the 15% of couples who struggle to conceive, a key component is identifying vulnerabilities or if/where this process breaks down.
Chinese Medicine is an integral and complimentary modality to support fertility. We work within the parameters of the menstrual cycle. Acupuncture and herbs can support the follicular phase with treatments specifically targeted to stimulating the pituitary gland and promote ovulation. Additionally, there are treatments to help your body more effectively utilize progesterone in the luteal phase and support your pregnancy. Whether you hope to conceive naturally, or if you plan to purse IUI/IVF, acupuncture, herbs, diet and lifestyle can all significantly benefit and promote your path to parenthood. Together we create and implement a plan that individually supports how you want to approach this journey, addressing both the physical and emotional, the conventional and the alternative.
How Chinese Medicine Can Support Fertility
- Regulate ovulation and menstrual cycles
- Stimulate growth of healthy uterine lining
- Balance hormonal levels
- IUI and IVF enhancement
- Modulate side effects of Western fertility medicine
- Improve sperm count, morphology, motility
- Reduce post-surgical recovery
Some Conditions that Fertility Acupuncture Can Address and Support
- Unexplained Infertility
- Hormone Imbalances
Assistance with IUI and/or IVF
- Uterine Fibroids
- Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome
- Premature Ovarian Failure
- Diminished Ovarian Reserve
- Recurrent Miscarriage
- Egg Quality Issues
- Luteal Phase Defect
- Autoimmune Conditions
- Advance Maternal Age
- Male Fertility Factor
- Acupuncture and Good Prognosis IVF Patients: Synergy P. C. Magarelli, D. K. Cridennda, M. Cohen. Reproductive Medicine & Fertility Center, Colorado Springs, CO; East Winds Acupuncture, Inc., Colorado Springs, CO.
- Acupuncture in IVF Linked to Lower Miscarriage and Ectopic Rates OB/Gyn News, Copyright © 2005 by International Medical News Group, an Elsevier company.
- Acupuncture Treatment For Infertile Women Undergoing Intracytoplasmic Sperm injection Sandra L. Emmons, MD, Phillip Patton, MD
- Influence of acupuncture on the pregnancy rate in patients who undergo assisted reproduction therapy. Paulus W et al, Fertil Steril 2002 Vol 77, pg 721-724 Fertility and Sterility
- Acupuncture with in vitro fertilisation. BMJ 2008; 336 doi: 10.1136/ bmj.39503.643727.80 (Published 6 March 2008)
- Acupuncture on the day of embryo transfer significantly improves the reproductive outcome in infertile women: a prospective, randomized trial – Lars G. Westergaard, M.D., Ph.D., Qunhui Mao, M.D., Marianne Krogslund, Steen Sandrini, Suzan Lenz, M.D., Ph.D., Jørgen Grinsted, M.D., Ph.D.
Complete the form below to request your FREE discover session and one of the friendly staff at Pure Health will be in touch to confirm your booking.