- 1/4 cup sunflower seeds
- 1 cup cashews
- 1 cup pecans
- 1 cucumber (peel first if your skin is tough) (cut into chunks)
- 1 small red onion
- Half of an apple (cut into chunks)
- 1 celery stick (cut into chunks)
- 1 teaspoon fresh or dried dill
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 pinch of sea salt
- Throw everything in a food processor. (Do not use your blender for this.)
- Process very briefly until your mixture resembles the above photo.
- You can let this raw recipe sit for half an hour or so to let the flavours combine briefly, but this raw vegan meal does not keep for very long so eat up!
- Serve as above, in lettuce wraps, in a hollowed out sweet bell pepper, or serve with avocado chunks on top!
I love the simplicity of this raw vegan chicken salad recipe. This recipe is also a good contender for substitutions… Just make sure you’ve got the ratio of nuts to vegetables as per the above recipe. Do not omit the apple or the cashews, though, because they are integral to the flavour of this delicious, easy raw vegan chicken salad recipe.