A consultation with Han is recommended if you suffer with any of the following:
• Pain in the buttocks or leg that worsens with sitting
• Burning, tingling, or searing pain down the leg
• Weakness, numbness or difficulty moving the leg or foot
• Shooting, sharp pain making it difficult to stand
• Lower back pain
• Difficulty moving the leg
• Pain, tingling or numbness in the toes
• Urinary urgency or loss of control of passing urine.
In Chinese Medicine Sciatica is a “channel disorder”, using acupuncture at specific points removes channel obstruction and promots qi (body energy) flow, and blood circulation. Therefore this a very effective treatment for Sciatic pain. Acupuncture points can be stimulated for 30 to 60 min by various techniques. These include surface pressure, insertion of a needle with or without manipulation, heating of acupuncture needles through radiant heat or moxibustion, and electrical or laser stimulation. These are all relatively pain free techniques that often are associated with relaxation and pain relief.
Han Sung Min – Acupuncturist / Traditional Chinese Medicine Doctor
Pure Healthcare Albany – 09 414-2225